PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
TradeAsia welcomes you. TradeAsia provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service ("Agreement"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. In addition, when using particular TradeAsia services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- For purposes of this Agreement, a "User" is any person who accesses www.e-TradeAsia.com and any hosts with e-TradeAsia.com domain name ("TradeAsia Sites"), for whatever purpose, regardless of whether said User has or has not registered with TradeAsia as a Member or whether said User is a paying customer for a specific service provided by TradeAsia.
- By accessing or using TradeAsia Sites, you hereby agree to accept the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement as a User. If you do not accept all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use TradeAsia Sites.
- TradeAsia may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended and restated Agreement on the TradeAsia Sites. The amended and restated Agreement shall be effective immediately upon posting.
- Users may use TradeAsia Sites solely for their own personal or internal purposes. Each User agrees that it shall not copy, reproduce or download any information, text, images, video clips, directories, files, databases or listings available on or through TradeAsia Sites for the purpose of re-selling or re-distributing the TradeAsia Content, mass mailing (via emails, wireless text messages, physical mail or otherwise), operating a business that competes with TradeAsia, or otherwise commercially exploiting the TradeAsia Content. Systematic retrieval of TradeAsia Content from this Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from TradeAsia is prohibited.
- Some of the TradeAsia Content displayed on this Site is provided or posted by third parties ("Third Party Content"). Any Third Party Content is the sole responsibility of the party who provided the content. TradeAsia is not responsible for the accuracy, propriety, lawfulness or truthfulness of any Third Party Content, and shall not be liable to any User in connection with such User's reliance of such Third Party Content. In addition, TradeAsia is not responsible for the conduct of any User's activities on the TradeAsia Sites, and shall not be liable to any person in connection with any damage suffered by any person as a result of such User's conduct.
- TradeAsia may allow Users access to content offered by third parties through hyperlinks (in the form of word link, banners, channels or otherwise) to such Third Party's web site. User acknowledges that TradeAsia has no control over such third party's web site, and TradeAsia shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for such web site, or any content, products or services made available on such a website.
- Messages or information sent by a User through communication systems provided by the Site, or through emails, fax or letters to addressees obtained from the Site, shall not contain any of the materials described in the provisions of Section 4.5 below.
- TradeAsia reserves the right to limit, deny or create different access to TradeAsia Sites and its features with respect to different Users, or to change any of the features or introduce new features without prior notice. Each User acknowledges that inability to use TradeAsia Sites wholly or partially for whatever reason may have adverse effects on its business. Each User hereby agrees that in no event shall TradeAsia be liable to the User or any third parties for any inability to use TradeAsia Sites (whether due to disruption, limited access, changes to or termination of any features on the Site or otherwise), any delays, errors or omissions with respect to any communications or transmission, or any damage (direct, indirect, consequential orotherwise) arising from the use of or inability to use TradeAsia Sites or any of its features.
- As a condition of your access to and use of TradeAsia, you agree that you will not use the TradeAsia service to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. TradeAsia will in appropriate circumstances terminate the accounts of members or users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others.
- Each User who has registered with TradeAsia by submitting an application form on TradeAsia Sites and was thereafter approved by TradeAsia is a member of TradeAsia. TradeAsia will establish an account for each Member and each Member will be assigned a Member ID and password for log-in access to its own Account.
- TradeAsia may suspend or terminate a Member's Account at any time by giving no less than 24-hour notice to the Member; provided, however, that notice is not required for such termination if (a) in TradeAsia's determination, there is any breach of the provisions of this Agreement by the Member; or (b) TradeAsia has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information provided by a Member is untrue, inaccurate or is not current or complete, or (c) TradeAsia believes that the Member's actions may cause financial loss or legal liability to such Member, TradeAsia's other Users, or TradeAsia or its affiliates.
- A Member may not sell, attempt to sell, offer to sell, give, assign or otherwise transfer an Account, User ID or Password to a third party. TradeAsia may suspend or terminate the Account of a Member or the transferee of a Member in the event of a sale, offer to sell, gift, assignment or transfer in violation of this Section.
Users Who Post Information on TradeAsia
- You must be a Member in order to post information on TradeAsia Sites. Your status as a Member is governed by the provisions of Section 3 above.
- No sales agency relationship is created between any Member and TradeAsia, our affiliates, directors, officers or employees by virtue of TradeAsia's display of any of the Member 's information on TradeAsia Sites.
- Each User hereby represents, warrants and agrees to (a) provide TradeAsia with true, accurate, current and complete information to be displayed on the Site and (b) maintain and promptly amend all information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Each Member hereby grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to TradeAsia to display and use all information provided by such Member in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Agreement and to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in such material or information, in any media now known or not currently known.
- Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees that it has obtained all necessary third party copyright, trademark trade secret or patent licenses and permissions, or such other licenses or permissions as may be required in connection with any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party (including but not limited to rights of personality and rights of privacy), for any material or information it posts on TradeAsia Sites or provides to TradeAsia or authorizes TradeAsia to display. Third party copyrights, trademarks, trade secret rights, patents and other personal or proprietary rights affecting or relating to material or information displayed on TradeAsia Sites, including but not limited to rights of personality and rights of privacy, or affecting or relating to products that are offered or displayed on TradeAsia Sites, are hereafter referred to as "Third Party Rights." Each User hereby represents, warrants and agrees that it shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information it posts on TradeAsia Sites or provides to TradeAsia or authorizes TradeAsia to display does not, and that the products represented thereby do not, violate any Third Party Rights.
- Each Member hereby represents, warrants and agrees that information submitted to TradeAsia for display on TradeAsia Sites shall not:
- contain fraudulent information or make fraudulent offers of items or involve the sale or attempted sale of counterfeit or stolen items or items whose sales and/or marketing is prohibited by applicable law, or otherwise promote other illegal activities;
- be part of a scheme to defraud other Users of TradeAsia Sites or for any other unlawful purpose;
- relate to sale of products or services that infringe or otherwise abet or encourage the infringement or violation of any third party's copyright, patent, trademarks, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other Third Party Rights;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- be obscene or contain or infer any pornography or sex-related merchandising or any other content or otherwise promotes sexually explicit materials or is otherwise harmful to minors;
- contain political propaganda or extreme political views or opinions
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contain any material that constitutes unauthorized advertising or harassment (including but not limited to spamming), invades anyone's privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation;
- solicit business from any Users in connection with a commercial activity that competes with TradeAsia;
- contain any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;
- otherwise create any liability for TradeAsia or its affiliates.
- TradeAsia reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any material displayed on TradeAsia Sites which it reasonably believes is unlawful, could subject TradeAsia to liability, violates this Agreement or is otherwise found inappropriate in TradeAsia's opinion. TradeAsia may disclose the User's identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, and TradeAsia shall not be liable for damages or results thereof and User agrees not to bring any action or claim against TradeAsia for such disclosure.
Trade Inquiry Exchanges between Buyers and Suppliers
- Through TradeAsia Sites, TradeAsia provides a web-based platform for exchanging information between buyers and suppliers of products and services. TradeAsia does not represent the sellers nor the buyers. As a result, TradeAsia does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on TradeAsia Sites or the ability of the suppliers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
- Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretenses. Because user verification on the Internet is difficult, TradeAsia cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity (including, without limitation, Members and Gold Members).
Limitation of Liability
- The features and services on the TradeAsia sites are provided on an "as is, as available" basis, and TradeAsia hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of condition, quality, durability, performance, accuracy, reliability, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All such warranties, representations, conditions, undertakings and terms are hereby excluded.
- TradeAsia makes no representations or warranties about the validity, accuracy, correctness, reliability, quality, stability, completeness or currentness of any information provided on or through the site. TradeAsia does not represent or warranty that the manufacture, importation, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the site does not violate any third party rights; and TradeAsia makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning any product or service offered or displayed.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through TradeAsia Sites is done at each User's sole discretion and risk and each User is solely responsible for any damage to its computer system or loss of data that may result from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any User from TradeAsia or through or from TradeAsia Sites shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- Under no circumstances shall TradeAsia be held liable for an delay or failure or disruption of the content or services delivered through TradeAsia Sites resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control.
- Each User hereby agrees to indemnify and save TradeAsia, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from such User's use of TradeAsia Sites (including but not limited to the display of such User's information on TradeAsia Sites) or from its breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save TradeAsia, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from User's breach of any representations and warranties made by User to TradeAsia. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save TradeAsia, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of any claims asserted by Third Party Rights claimants or other third parties relating to products offered or displayed on the Site. Each User hereby further agrees that TradeAsia is not responsible and shall have no liability to it, for any material posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damages from such material rests entirely with each User. TradeAsia reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with TradeAsia in asserting any available defenses.
Intellectual Property Rights
- TradeAsia is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to TradeAsia Sites and the TradeAsia Content. TradeAsia Sites and TradeAsia Content embody trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in TradeAsia Sites and TradeAsia Content shall remain with TradeAsia, its affiliates or licensors of the TradeAsia Content, as the case may be. All rights not otherwise claimed under this Agreement or by TradeAsia are hereby reserved.
- "TRADEASIA", "TRADEASIA" and related icons and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of AsianNet Inc. in various jurisdictions and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
A list of recommendations for TradeAsia users to review when encountering suspicious or untrustful information from buyers or sellers.
Ways to Recognize Trustworthy Buyers
- Be vigilant on big and urgent orders from companies or even government overseas. Evaluate the authenticity of the order before taking it.
- Generally research on potential buyers on any online search engine to check their reputation.
- Be cautious of buyers who do not ask you of specific product details but claim their high interest in your products, and who are not concerned with the shipping time, quality, price of the products, and not willing to discuss more details about the deal with you.
- Never response to any request to update your account information. Those might be scams that may lead to identity theft. Most legitimate companies and websites never send unsolicited emails or instant messages to request for any personal information or passwords.
- Be vigilant with companies from countries which are often associated with scammers.
What is Phishing?
Phishing is a fraudulent means of attempting to obtain personal information, such as user names, passwords, credit card details, etc., or any other valuable data by pretending to be a reliable person or company.
Phishing messages are mostly sent by emails or instant messenger. Scammers use phishing emails to cheat TradeAsias honest traders and harmfully influence on the trading environment. This fraud was generally invented to cheat you of your TradeAsia membership, including member ID, password, and other account information. When acquired, fraudsters will sign in to your account, pretend to be you, and commit scams in your name. In other way, they may take you to a scam website, ask you to make payment and steal your money.
How Phishing emails work?
Step 1:Mass mailing from fraudsters
Step 2:Ask you to click a link which may pretend to be a company information or product details, etc. in the email
Step 3:Direct you to a scam website
Typical Phishing Emails
Phishing emails are usually sent in the name of TradeAsia or a buyers’ name, and typical phishing emails are mainly with features:
- Ask for your personal information, such as Member ID and passwords
- Ask for your detailed information, including both company and personal information
- Ask you to pay through high-risk payment methods
- Ask you to purchase TradeAsia Gold Membership at a lower price
How to Recognize Phishing Emails?
Key features of typical phishing emails include:
General Greetings: Most fraud emails starts with extremely friendly general greeting, such as “Dear friends” or “Dear TradeAsia member.”
Fake Email Address and Website Addresses (URLs): Fraudsters typically send emails with fake email addresses, even some of them appear to be real. Also, fraudulent emails usually enclose website addresses (URLs) that link to fake websites that ask for your personal information. Please always be aware that if TradeAsia send you email or request any information, we’ll direct you back to TradeAsia site at www.eTradeAsia.com.
Stress Urgency of Your Account Status: Some fraudulent emails claim that your account is suspended and you need to provide personal information, such as member ID, password or credit card details with no reasonable explanation.
Reference to the TradeAsia Terms of Service: In phishing emails or websites, fraudsters constantly refer to the TradeAsia Terms of Service in order to appear legitimate and authoritative. Please contact us by email to email@example.com if you have any inquires to counter this situation.
How to Deal with Phishing Email
Vigilance is the best line of defense. Never click any link or button that seems suspicious. If you suspect the website you're on is a fake website, please enter an incorrect member ID, email and password at least three times. If you are able to sign in to this incorrect account, leave this website immediately to prevent from further frauds.
What to do if you were phished
Inform all your customers that your account had been phished and ask them not to make any payment to any account without your prior authorization. If payment had already been made, please ask the buyer to notify the bank of the fraud and let the bank block the transfer immediately.
Revise your TradeAsia account details:
- Change your email address
- Reset your account password (If you were unable to sign in to your account due to any phishing activities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your email address and password.
- Remove your sub-accounts or the email addresses of other sub-account holders (if applicable)
- Delete products that were not displayed by you (if applicable). Scammers may use your account to display their products.
Before making any payment, please confirm the recipient's account information with the supplier via instant messenger or phone. During the trading process, please pay special attention to the supplier's email address and make sure that their email address is consistent and unchanged. Fraudsters may pretend to be the supplier and send you emails using the address with high similarity to the supplier's original address. For instance, they may change "0" into "O" to make it look like the real address.